Like all parents, we want our kids to have the best of everything. In fact, there are times when we over-indulge them and give them things that do not really contribute much to their development.
This is very much evident in the kind of toys that we sometimes give them.
To help with that issue, we have gathered some of the best learning toys for 5 year olds and reviewed each one.
With these, we aim to give you an idea as to what these toys offer and how they can help your kids. These toys will not only challenge your children’s mental ability but will also stimulate their creativity.
Best Learning Toys for 5 Year Olds
Elenco Snap Circuits Junior
- With this building toy, young engineers can assemble over 100 different electronic circuit projects with just 30+ electronic parts.
- Kids can construct working models of a photo sensor, a flashing light, an Adjustable-Volume siren and much more!
- This stem kit comes with a clear, easy to understand illustrated instruction manual
- No tools needed! All parts Just click together and support a vigorous STEM/ steam educational curriculum.
- Learn by doing. Designed for young engineers 8+.
This discovery kit is a fun and entertaining way of introducing hands-on education about how electronics work. It allows the kids to learn as they create circuits and other devices.
Your child can build numerous do-it-yourself projects with your help and guidance using the components included in this kit. It is an affordable way of learning the basics of electrical and electronics engineering.
All the Snap Circuits toys are manufactured to be safe and risk-free for your children to try. This Snap Circuits Junior kit has a neat and well-arranged design, making it easy to use and store as it occupies only a small amount of space. Each piece in this electronic kit is durable, including the plastic circuit board, where you will be creating all your projects.
The kit may be set up in a simple and uncluttered way. Still, your children need your guidance the first time they try to do a project as they may encounter technical and complicated words in the instruction manual. There are color-coded maps for every project, which are easy to understand because all the parts are color-coded, as well.
Thanks to this, even kids can appreciate this kit. Your child can build each project by snapping the parts onto the plastic circuit board and be amazed by each creation, which provides strong educational content.
The toy brings excellent entertainment value as your kids get engaged with their playtime, building the projects, and eventually using their imagination and creativity for their designs. This electronic kit is suitable for a large age bracket. However, the younger ones would need some assistance during building time.
- Informative manual
- Hands-on approach
- Easy to store
- Sturdy circuit board
- Complicated instructions
- Needs batteries
Latches Board from Melissa & Doug
- This bundle is the ultimate activity set for your children (and grandchildren, of course)! From latches to snaps, zipper, buttons and much more this set is ideal to enhance your childs motor skills.
- LATCHES BOARD ACTIVITY SET; Activity play board helps kids build dexterity as they figure out how 6 different latches work including, Latches hook, snap, click, and slide.
- BASIC SKILLS BOARD; Buckle (belt and seat belt), button, lace, snap, tie and zip your way to independent dressing skills
- Smooth-sanded, solid-wood board features fun surprises behind the opening doors and windows.
- Helps build fine and gross motor skills while little ones discover vibrant colors, numbers, animals, and more.
Melissa and Doug are the parents of six children, which is what made them fall in love with creating different tools for learning. Their products are both interactive and engaging and have been like that for more than 30 years now.
This husband-and-wife team is committed to building toys that can spark every child’s imagination, helping them discover who they are and what they want.
The Latches Board is one of the many toys that you can choose to stimulate your child’s imagination. It effectively gets his attention off from electronic gadgets, lessening screen time in the process.
This wooden activity playboard helps enhance your child’s cleverness as he tries to evaluate how the different locks and latches work. Children will also learn about numbers, animals, colors, and other fun and exciting surprises that they can find behind each door and window.
The Wooden Latches Board is a perfect educational present for toddlers and older kids who love to explore new things. You can be sure of the safety and sturdiness of this playboard, too. It is made out of solid wood that was sanded to achieve a smooth surface.
This toy encourages children to learn how to communicate and participate in the creative and first-hand engagement. They will discover a lot of different ways to play the board with its assortment of latches and locks that they can snap, slide, hook, or click. This colorful playboard also allows you to play constructively with your children.
- Sturdy board
- Great concept
- Designs peel off
- Poor craftsmanship
FlashCards Value Pack from Playskool
- Set of 4 Playskool Flashcards
This value pack contains four of the most popular Preschool and Primary flashcards. These cards are conveniently arranged inside a case with a handle.
Flashcards are known to aid children in recognition and memorization of letters, numbers, equations, and words.
This value pack from Playskool is perfect for children aged two to four years old.
It is designed for those who are just starting to recognize the necessary information that they need to learn in preparation for preschool. This pack contains four titles: alphabet, shapes and colors, first words, and numbers.
These are all illustrated in vibrant colors and in large prints. You can create lots of fun learning activities with your kids using these flashcards as they learn and memorize the information with your help. Since you have four colorful flashcard varieties, you can practice one type of flashcards at a time, or you can mix them as you progress to test your kid’s memory and development.
These flashcard sets are a great starter kit for kids who are just starting to recognize simple letters, numbers, shapes, and colors. The colorful illustrations on the card can easily capture the attention of toddlers, making it easier for adults to teach the little ones.
- Good quality material
- Good-sized cards
- Poor illustrations
- Uneven sets
Plastic Pattern Blocks from Learning Resources
- 250-PIECE SET: Features 6 different shapes and colors, and is great for classroom activities
- MOTIVATE: Get young students learning geometry and pattern design
- TEACHER GUIDE: Comes with storage bucket and not only helps educators stay organized, but prompts learning activities
- Various shapes include hexagon, trapezoid, square, triangle, parallelogram and rhombus
- Homeschool supplies for ages 4+
Learning Resources have created this Plastic Pattern Blocks for kids from four years of age and older. The pattern blocks will help kids with shape recognition and other simple math skills as they regularly play with the pieces.
This 250-piece set features plastic blocks in six various shapes, such as hexagon, square, parallelogram, rhombus, trapezoid, and triangle. It also comes in six different colors, including blue, orange, grey, yellow, and green. These plastic pattern blocks are perfect for group activities in the classroom or at home.
You can quickly motivate the kids in learning various pattern designs and geometry using these blocks. The 250 pieces of pattern blocks are packed inside a clear bucket to keep it organized, complete, and easy to store along with the teaching guide.
You can also use these blocks to create different patterns and learn about linear and area measurement, symmetry, fractions, as well as problem-solving. The constant playing of these blocks can stimulate your kid’s creative juices and will start making their designs from their imagination.
It is also one of the best ways of limiting the screen time of the kids and let them build creative shapes and designs from these blocks through hands and eye coordination. It will be a great idea to add these plastic blocks to any daycare or preschool classrooms and let the little kids explore and build new creations. All blocks have the right size that fits the hands of the kids, so it’s easy for them to grasp and hold.
- Sturdy bucket
- Grey tile is small
- Sharp and pointy edges
Essenson Outdoor Explorer Kit
- HARMLESS MATERIAL: The exploring kit is made of eco-friendly ABS material,safe enough to human skin,also sturdy to use for long periods.
- SET OF 9: Explorer set includes 1×Binocular,1×Vest,1×Crank Flashlight,1×Magnifying Glass,1×Compass,1×Bug Viewer,1×Butterfly Net,1×Tweezer,1×Whistle.
- CLOSE TO NATURE: Drag children away from longtime games,online surfing,mobile playing,take a closer look at the nature with your kids and spend more time with natural beauty and science.
- EDUCATIONAL TOY: With this explorer kit,kids would improve their ability of observation and concentration,cultivate a spirit of curiosity to nature and science,also exercise their operational ability.
- GIFTS FOR KIDS: Perfect choice for kids birthday gifts,exploration gifts,Christmas gifts,New Year gifts,and other festival gifts,they would love to dress up and have a deep observation to the natural world in the backyard or outdoor activities.
We all know that kids are always curious and eager to learn about the things that they see around them. However, due to modern technology, a lot of kids nowadays would rather sit on the couch and keep their focus on electronic gadgets.
One great way to keep the little ones active is by letting them go out and explore the great outdoors. This will also be beneficial to their health and overall well-being.
This explorer set is packed in a lovely gift box that will look appealing to any age group and gender. The kit is filled with all the essential items you will need for your adventures, such as binoculars, a flashlight, magnifying glass, whistle, bug containers, and a hat.
It also comes with a backpack, compass, butterfly net, backyard exploration critter case, tweezers, bug toys, and insect book. This toy kit gives you the chance to be outdoors to learn new things and share interactive games with endless learning opportunities with friends and families.
The binoculars are the first item in this outdoor explorer kit that comes with a case and a neck string. It is designed with a rubber eyepiece to protect your eyes. It offers power magnification of up to five times, as well as an objective lens diameter at 30 millimeters for a natural focus.
Next is the compass, which will teach kids how to read maps and find the right direction to where they are going. Last is the flashlight, which uses three LED lights. You can quickly charge this flashlight by pressing the handle once you have used up the built-in battery.
The first item in your bug gather kit is the butterfly net, which you can use to easily catch flying bugs as well as tadpoles and small fishes. The next item is the magnifying lens, which provides up to four times of magnification. With this, you can carefully observe and study insects, rocks, footprints, leaves, trees, and other small objects.
The last things in the bug gather kit are the tweezers and bug containers for holding small objects and catching insects. These were included so that your kid’s hands won’t get dirty while transferring the items into the bug container. This outdoor kit is the perfect gift for those adventurous little ones as you teach them about nature and everything around them.
- Well made
- Quality materials
- Backpack included
- Complete kit
- Some parts break easily
- Some items are too small
- Learning Toys for 4 Year Olds
- Learning Toys for 3 Year Olds
- Learning Toys for 2 Year Olds
- Learning Toys for 1 Year Olds
Having checked our choices for the best learning toys for 5 year olds, we hope that it will be easier for you to choose which one to give to your kid. As per our top pick, we favor the Essenson Outdoor Explorer Kit over the others. This is because it provides endless learning opportunities for kids, aside from the chance to allow them to play outdoors.