It is never too early to start building the foundation of your kids in terms of academics, so as early as three years old, you can begin teaching them some of the basics of STEM. Buying the best learning toys for 3 year olds can provide the support that you need.
Toys can be a great way to help teach children since they can have fun while learning. It is a bad idea to prevent your children from enjoying, but you should never neglect their education, as well. You need to provide balance, and learning toys would be the best solution for this.
Best Learning Toys for 3 Year Olds
Brave Finder Dino Egg Dig Kit
- ♚【DISCOVER 12 UNIQUE DINOSAUR MODELS】 Feel like a real paleontologist excavating up unique toy dinosaurs from the dino eggs. Find a T-rex, Dilophosaurus, Ankylosaurus and much more! Once dug up, find the appropriate card describing the history and characteristics of the dinosaur.
- 🔧【EASY TO DIG & PLAY】 Simply soak the dinosaur egg in water for about 15 minutes, then, carefully chisel away the shell to dig out the dinosaur inside after the dinosaur egg softens. Once the dinosaur is excavated, simply rinse off remaining clay, wipe it and make it clean! When you are about to dig into a dinosaur, please be careful to control your digging force to prevent the dinosaur toy from scratches.
- 🎁【KIT INCLUDES】 12 Dino Eggs (with a unique toy dinosaur in each), 12 Chisel/Brushes, 12 Instruction Guides, and 12 full-colored beautiful learning cards - one for each dino. It all comes packaged in a sleek display box. Includes everything needed for the young scientist to excavate the dinos with ease, and gain a deeper understanding of them.
- 💡【A FUN AND EDUCATIONAL GIFT FOR ALL AGES】 It's not often that a science project can be fun and engaging, but this kit achieves both! Great set for individual play or as a group activity. It fascinates children as soon as they pull it out of the box and is a perfect STEM project. It fosters a love for science and paleontology in a fun and exciting way.
- 💯 【DIY INSTRUCTIONS】The Dino Eggs Kit has been evaluated by STEM.org and has been authenticated to meet the highest standards of STEM learning. 100% SATISFACTION: Love it, or your money back! We're sure that the child will have a blast, but if you are not satisfied with the kit we'll refund you 100% of the money, no questions asked.
Three-year-old kids are more stable than one- and two-year-old kids and fond of exploring things that they find interesting. With the Brave Finder Dino Egg Dig Kit, you can bring out the paleontologist in your kid and let them excavate and discover unique dinosaurs from the Dino eggs.
The Brave Finder Dino Egg Dig Kit comes in 12 unique dinosaur models. You can find a Tyrannosaurus Rex, Ankylosaurus, Dilophosaurus, and many more inside the eggs. After digging up the dinosaurs from the eggs, your kids can find the card that describes the history and characteristics of the Dino that they found.
The Brave Finder Dino Egg Dig Kit is easy to dig and play. After opening the box, take the dinosaur egg and soak it in the water for about 15 minutes to soften the shell.
Your kids will then dig and chisel the shell until they find the dinosaur egg inside.
Digging the dinosaur from the egg can improve their motor skills as they try to carefully remove the shell and prevent scratches on the dinosaur toy. This toy is definitely a fun and educational activity and can help build your child’s interest in science and paleontology because it is like a project.
By participating with the excavation of the dinosaurs, you can also read the card that describes the dinosaur and explain it to your kids to get the best results.
The Brave Finder Dino Egg Dig Kit includes 12 dinosaur eggs, 12 chisels, 12 instruction guides, and 12 colorful learning cards, one for every dinosaur. The DIY instructions detail how to soften the shell of the eggs.
The only downside is that once your kids finished excavating the dinosaurs, you won’t have anything else to do since you can only do this once for the 12 dinosaur eggs.
- More advanced
- Children would learn more about dinosaurs
- Improve motor skills
- Shells are a bit hard to remove
Star Right Flash Cards
- MATH SKILL DEVELOPMENT: These 6.4” x 1.8” inch flashcards will help teach your child basic division. This set is perfect for honing early math skills while reinforcing calculation techniques at any age.
- CONVENIENT AND ORGANIZED: The flashcards are hole-punched so you can easily organize cards using the included metal rings. Each card has 1 square edge for easy sorting and 3 rounded edges for easy gripping.
- LEARNING MADE EASY: All answers are on the back of the cards, making them ideal for teaching, reviewing and practicing in the classroom. The large print means you can work with children individually, or in groups.
- PACKAGE INCLUDES: (1) Division Flashcard set (156 cards), and (2) Metal Sorting Rings
- STAR RIGHT, CARES RIGHT: Star Right believes that fun and learning go hand-in-hand. We strive to make products that will stimulate the imagination, creativity, and develop technical skills, all while still being tons of fun! With every purchase, we want to make sure that you are 100% satisfied, so don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions about our products!
Flashcards have been used as a teaching method for kids and are not a bad idea to use them while your kids are still three years old. The Star Right Flash Cards provides a more advanced way of teaching your kids basic skills.
The Star Right FlashCards contains four sets of flashcards that would teach your children basic mathematics and language. The colors and shapes from the flashcards will help teach the basic skills for your children and the language cards would help improve their vocabulary.
There are 144 flashcards in total and 36 cards per set. The set of cards also comes with rings to keep them organized and sort them easily. The cards also have holes at the side where you can put the rings for them to stay neat.
The cards also have large fonts that you can even see them from afar. It also has realistic art that your kids will surely love. Although it is not the same as other toys, it is exciting and engaging because of the art from the cards. Teachers can also use the Star Right Flash Cards to review and teach their class.
You can also use it for practicing to help familiarize your child with basic sight words. You can also create your games with the flashcards to keep the kids engaged.
- Improves vocabulary
- Improve the basic mathematics
- Easy to hold
- Very engaging
- Found to have lead content
Stomp Rocket Ultra Rocket
- 100% KID powered: Run, jump and STOMP to launch these rockets up to 20 stories high -- that’s 200 feet in the air! No batteries required; easy, fast assembly.
- Award-winning products from industry experts, including iParenting Media, Dr. Toy, and Creative Child Magazine.
- Includes a Stomp Launcher, 4 foam-tipped Ultra Stomp Rockets that work with three different Stomp Rocket Launch Sets.
- Pair with Stomp Rocket Science book and get kids interested in STEM subjects (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) early. Ages 5 and up.
- Great for year round fun to get kids away from screen time and more active outside.
The Stomp Rocket Ultra Rocket is a unique learning toy for kids because it helps improve the mathematical skills and vocabulary of children. With most kids focusing on mobile phones and tablets, getting a toy that would bring them outside and play is definitely a top choice for parents.
The Stomp Rocket Ultra Rocket is an award-winning product coming from industry experts like Dr. Toy, Creative Child Magazine, and iParenting Media.
The Stomp Rocket Ultra Rocket is a fantastic outdoor toy that you and your kids can enjoy. It comes with four foam-tipped rockets that can work in three different stomp rocket sets. It is 100% powered by your kids as they can run, jump and stomp to launch the rockets up to 200 feet in the air.
There are no batteries required, and you only need to jump and stomp to bring the rocket up. It is also extremely fast and easy to assemble. These rockets won’t harm or wound your kid even if it accidentally hits them. The Stomp Rocket Ultra Rocket aims to encourage children to play outside and explore instead of just staying inside the house watching TV or playing on their mobile phones and tablets.
When paired with the Stomp Rocket Science book, your kids will surely be interested in STEM subjects since they would be curious how the rocket launches upwards by simply stomping on the toy.
- Promotes outdoor playing
- Improves motor skills of children
- Easy to assemble
- Fun and engaging
- Flimsy plastic holder
Learning Resources Jumbo Magnetic Letters
- Brightly colored and BIG letters made specially for little hands
- Teach lowercase letters, letter order, and simple spelling with these perfect preschool manipulatives
- Extra consonants and vowels make it easier to spell simple words
- Set includes 40 lowercase letters, packaged in a reusable storage container
- Ideal for ages 3+
Learning Resources is a known manufacturer of hands-on educational toys for kids, and they aim to create toys that can empower children to reach their full potential.
The Learning Resources Jumbo Magnetic Letters is a traditional way to teach alphabets to your children.
The Learning Resources Jumbo Magnetic Letters is a simple way to teach the alphabet to kids. You can teach them how to spell simple and basic words using bright and colorful letters.
These letters are also magnetic so that you can teach your kids to build simple words on your refrigerator. These letters are designed for small hands, so your kids can easily hold each of them. The set includes 40 jumbo uppercase letters placed in a reusable container.
The Learning Resources Jumbo Magnetic Letters also lets your children interact with the letters through hands-on play. They can feel the shape of the alphabets and easily tell what letter it is based on its shape.
Children also love colorful things, so these letters can easily capture their attention. Three-year-old kids love magnetic letters, and this is a good way to teach them about alphabets and words. Although made from plastic, the letters won’t deform.
- Simple and easy to learn
- Big and colorful
- Very durable
- Weak magnets
Learning Resources Create-a-Space Storage Center
- Ideal for use in the classroom or for homeschooling, this colorful set comes with a circular tray that includes plenty of containers for markers, pencils and more.
- Stick the magnetic storage bins and magnetic storage pockets on whiteboards and refrigerators to hold additional supplies
- Includes 12” circular tray with 8 containers, 4 magnetic storage bins, 4 magnetic storage pockets, write & wipe labels
- Bins measure 2”W x 3¾” H and pockets measure 9½” L x 5 ½” H
Another Learning Resources product made it on the list, and the Create-a-Space Storage Center is one of the most important toys that you have to buy for your children. Although you cannot consider it as a type of toy, it is one of the most popular products of Learning Resources.
The Learning Resources Create-a-Space Storage Center is all-in-one storage, where you can place your children’s learning things. They can put their pencils, crayons, and other small school supplies in the storage center for safekeeping and to remove the clutter.
Every container is removable, plus it comes with an easy-to-hold handle so that your kids can grab their things easily when they need them. The container also has a measurement of 4.5 inches wide and four inches tall, which is big enough to hold some of the essential school supplies of your children. The containers are placed in a sturdy tray with a storage space at the center.
It has a diameter of 12 inches, so your kids will not run out of space. The Learning Resources Create-a-Space Storage Center is a great way to teach your children to keep their things in check. By giving them a storage center, they will keep their pencils and other school supplies in the storage space instead of leaving them lying around the table or floor.
The Learning Resources Create-a-Space Storage Center is not really a toy, but it is very colorful, so your children might want to play with it. This is also perfect for schools to help store the small school supplies like pencils, erasers, and scissors more properly.
- Easy-to-hold handle
- Durable container
- Big enough for school supplies
- Tips over easily
- 5 Year Old – Education Toys
- 4 Year Old – Education Toys
- 2 Year Old – Education Toys
- 1 Year Old – Education Toys
All of the products reviewed above are fantastic learning toys for your kids, but our top choice is the Stomp Rocket Ultra Rocket. It is the best of the best learning toys for 3 year olds on our list because it encourages your kids to explore the outside world and leave the house.
It is challenging to encourage your kids to go out because they would rather watch and play on their mobile phones and tablets instead of playing outside, and this can truly help. It is also an excellent way to bond with your children since this game requires parent supervision.
The Brave Finder Dino Egg Dig Kit is a great toy if you want your kid to explore science, but it is only meant for one-time use since the fun is gone after excavating the 12 eggs. The Star Right FlashCards is another good choice to teach your kids, especially if they’re starting to color, draw, and go to playschools.
The storage center is only an organizer and not a toy, while there are better alternatives than the jumbo magnetic letters.