At one year old, your kids are not infants, and toys that rattle and crinkle won’t easily catch their attention. In this age group, they will start to learn about other things around them, so toys that provide a little more stimulus can be a good way for them to learn.
It is not easy to find the best learning toys for 1 year olds because most of the educational toys are for three years old and above.It’s a good thing that we reviewed some of the best learning toys that you can buy for your one-year-old kids. so, here are some of the best options.
Best Learning Toys for 1 Year Olds
1. Learning Resources Spike the Fine Motor Hedgehog
- Product 1: UNBOX counting, sorting, and matching skills with these two-piece presents with a surprise inside!
- Product 1: DISCOVER a different surprise toy in every box - 10 in all!
- Product 1: BUILD fine motor skills as they box and unbox again and again!
- Product 1: LEARN recognition skills with the presents' unique colors and numbers!
- Product 2: FINE MOTOR GAMES FOR KIDS: Build fine motor skills with chunky, peg-shaped pieces that fit to the back of this friendly hedgehog
If you are looking for learning toys, Learning Resources is one of the premier providers of toys for kids in the market. They have thousands of toys that would help your kids learn and prepare them to face the world.
The Spike the Fine Motor Hedgehog is just one of the many toys they have that are meant for kids 18 months and above. It includes a two-piece hedgehog with a diameter of six inches, 12 quills with different colors, and an activity guide.
Learning Resources Spike the Fine Motor Hedgehog is a toy that would improve the motor skills of your one-year-old kids by fitting the peg-shaped quills of the hedgehog to its back. It comes with easy-to-hold pieces with the right size to fit your kids’ little hands.
This toy can help improve muscle development in the fingers and hands and their hand-eye coordination. The quills are very colorful and will help improve the color recognition of your children.
Their counting and sorting skills would be improved as well because the kids can work on patterns and sequences. They can also count the quills! There are numbers printed on the holes at the back of the hedgehog.
The Fine Motor Hedgehog is also very easy to store, so you can use this to teach your children how to put away their toys. The quills will fit snugly inside the body of the hedgehog, while the body of quills is made from plastic, so it is effortless to clean.
- Safe for kids
- Easy to hold, store, and clean
- Improves hand-eye coordination of kids
- Too wide holes
2. VTech Chomp and Count Dino
- Dinosaur toy recognizes the eight brightly colored food pieces as you feed him; provides fun responses as he eats each piece
- Baby learning toy dinosaur introduces colors, foods, shapes and counting; play in either counting or meal mode
- Early learning center with 130+ songs, melodies, sounds and phrases; kids can answer dino's questions with the correct food pieces
- 5 shape buttons teach shapes and numbers or rotate the spinning disc to play sing-along songs; pull toy interacts as it is pulled or pushed along
- Baby toy comes with volume control and auto shut-off and is for toddlers 1 to 3 years old; 2 AA batteries are included for demo, use new batteries for regular use
Vtech is among the most famous suppliers of advanced learning products for kids. They are also known as one of the largest manufacturers of cordless phones, and it is currently based in Hong Kong.
The VTech Chomp and Count Dino is one of their latest toys that would help teach your kids to learn a lot of things.
The VTech Chomp and Count Dino is an amazing toy made to help your children learn about shapes, colors, numbers, and food. This toy will introduce 10 different healthy foods to your children through colorful play pieces.
They just need to put these colorful play pieces into the dinosaur’s mouth, and it will eat it while recognizing the piece. The dinosaur will talk and make fun responses for every colorful play piece fed to him, so your child won’t get bored.
The toy also features over 130 songs, sounds, melodies, and phrases that your kids will surely love. It also comes with two modes: counting and meal.
When the VTech Chomp and Count Dino is in meal mode, your children can feed the Dino with the play pieces, and it will sing a song based on the food fed to him. On the other hand, pressing the keypads at the side of the toy will teach your child about different shapes.
When you toggle the switch at the side to counting mode, the toy will tell your child about numbers when they press the keys. Pressing the red light-up button at the head of the dinosaur will prompt the kids to feed the Dino a specific food.
Your kids can also turn the disc at the back of the Dino for it to play different songs and nursery rhymes. The VTech Chomp and Count Dino is recommended for kids aged 12 to 36 months and requires two AA batteries to work.
- Very interactive
- No sharp parts
- Contains 130 songs and melodies
- Helps children learn about food
- Hard to press colorful play pieces into the Dino’s mouth
3. LeapFrog My First Learning Tablet
- Press the app and bottom icons or slide fingers over the screen for a multicolor light show. Every action activates unique patterns of lights, colors and sounds
- Just like mom and dad's, this kid-tough toddler tablet features a home button, 20 app icons and introduces letters, numbers, shapes, animals, colors and more
- For role-play excitement, press the five dock icons and talk on the phone with Scout, explore time concepts, listen to Scout, play with the pretend camera and listen to music
- Play with the apps like a real tablet in Explore mode and hear exciting phrases about weather, sports and health. Learn mode includes colors, numbers, shapes and more
- Music mode plays songs and melodies and lets little ones create their own masterpieces
Mobile phones and tablets are common nowadays, and it is not a good idea to let your one-year-old kids use them. LeapFrog managed to create a toy that looks like a tablet, but it is interactive and fun, making it perfect for kids aged one to three years old.
The LeapFrog My First Learning Tablet is an excellent alternative if you don’t want your kids to use electronic gadgets.
The LeapFrog My First Learning Tablet is a great toy as it would nurture the curiosity of your child, especially when they always see you using your mobile phones or tablets.
It introduces numbers, shapes, colors, letters, and more to your kids. Your kids just have to press the 20 buttons on the tablet to create a multi-color light show that your child will enjoy.
Just like a normal tablet, it has a home button and 20 icons on the screen that your children can press. Every icon corresponds to a specific number, letter, animal, color, and more.
The activity icons will also change depending on the mode that your kids are using. There are three modes that they can choose from: Explore, Learn, and Music Mode.
The Explore mode allows your child to press anything they want on the tablet and explore. The Learn mode helps your child learn about numbers, letters, shapes, colors, and more while the music mode would play songs and melodies, plus your child can create their own melodies.
For role-playing, there are five dock icons at the bottom of the tablet. You can press the phone icon to talk with scout, press the clock to explore time concepts, play with the pretend camera, listen to scout while he talks and listens to music.
- Great design
- Three different modes
- Very informative
- Becomes glitchy when you press multiple icons at the same time
4. Ehome Musical Instruments
- ★【A complete rhythm instrument set】:15 types 22pcs musical toys, including shaking, tapping, beating and blowing instruments. Ideal and creative birthday present or Christmas gifts for kids, boys and girls.
- ★【High quality musical instruments】:Made of high quality non-toxic material, safe and reliable for young children.
- ★【Easy clean-up and storage】:High quality tote bag for easy clean-up and storage. Perfect size toys and portable carry bag makes the toy management much easier and bring s more convenience for your child.
- ★【Musical education toys】:A perfect inspirational set of toys to get kids moving, grooving, and feeling the beat, discover the potential and sensitivity in music and audio, study the initial musical concept, creates more interactions between the parents and the kids from playing toys.
- ★【Safe toys】: CPC approved, made by non-toxic material, ideal toys for your little ones
Teaching your kids about music is now easier than ever with the Ehome Musical Instruments. Since real musical instruments are not an option for one-year-old kids, these musical toys would help them develop an interest in music and a good start if you want them to learn how to play musical instruments.
This toy is a complete set of rhythm instruments and has 15 types. It has a total of 22 pieces of musical toys, including shaking, tapping, blowing, and beating instruments, which would make it easier for your kids to play them and create sounds.
The toys are made from high-quality and non-toxic materials, so it is very safe for your children. The size of the toys is also perfect for toddlers, and they can hold and play with them with ease.
The product also comes with a high-quality tote bag to help you store and move the toys with ease. The toys are also easy to clean since you can just wipe them with a tissue.
The best thing about the Ehome Musical Instruments is it creates more opportunities for the parents to interact with their children.
- Teach kids about music
- Very interactive
- Safe for kids
- Contains lead
5. VTech Spin and Learn Color Flashlight
- Press the adorable turtle button in flashlight mode to use just like a real flashlight; chunky handle makes it easy for your little one to carry
- In play mode, the flashlight tells your little one when light is on or off to introduce opposites; automatically shuts off to preserve battery life
- Spin the magical color-changing ring, and watch it shine in one of six bold colors while introducing colors and animals
- Press the three buttons on the side to hear fun melodies, nature sounds, learn letters or play an interactive game
- Requires 3 AAA (batteries included for demo purposes only; new batteries recommended for regular use); intended for ages 1 to 3 years
We have another VTech product on the list, and it is one of the most popular toddler toys that they have right now. The VTech Spin and Learn Color Flashlight is an advanced and interactive toy that is both educational and entertaining. It requires two AAA batteries for it to work.
The VTech Spin and Learn Color Flashlight is a fascinating and interactive toy that would teach your kids about colors, numbers, and animals. It comes with more than 50 songs, sounds, music, and fun phrases.
It also features five different light colors. Made for children aged one to three years old, the VTech Spin and Learn Color Flashlight is easy to use and has an on and off button if you don’t want it to sing continuously.
It comes with two volume controls, which is a good feature since you can change the volume of the toy based on the setting where you’re using it. It also features an automatic shut off function that would turn the toy off after 45 seconds to help you save more battery power.
Your kids can rotate the head of the flashlight, and by pressing the ladybug button, it will activate a sound based on the type of animal your kid chose.
The VTech Spin and Learn Color Flashlight will also imitate the sounds of certain animals, and your child can point the flashlight anywhere to see the color that they have chosen.
On the other hand, the numbers on the side of the toy will teach them how to count. This toy can also help improve the dexterity and motor skills of your children.
- Automatic shut off
- Easy to use
- Two volume controls
- Lights are flashing on and off
- Too bright for toddlers
- Education Toys for 5 Year Olds
- Education Toys for 4 Year Olds
- Education Toys for 3 Year Olds
- Education Toys for 2 Year Olds
Looking for the best learning toys for 1 year olds is not too difficult, especially if you already have choices in your mind or list since we have a lot of interactive and informative toys in the market.
If you still haven’t decided yet after browsing through our list, we highly recommend the VTech Chomp and Count Dino since it is a complete learning toy for your child.
It can teach them how to count, learn about colors, numbers, and the toy itself will interact with your kid!